EGR 103/Spring 2016/Lab 6
Basic Root-Finding Problems
- Main thing is to look at MATLAB:Fzero and the different ways of calling it.
- The sign plots are really helpful.
- The last equation has three sign changes but only two roots
Basic Min/Max Finding Problems
- Main thing is to look at MATLAB:Fminbnd and the different ways of calling it.
Chapra Problem 6.16
- This is a one-parameter search problem. There is an examples for a two-parameter searches at MATLAB:Fzero#One_Parameter
- This simply requires using
fzerotwice - just be careful on how you initialize
fzeroand also be careful about units for the angles.
- The lab handout pretty much walks you through this one.